TREC GB Board Regional Representation nominations open on Thursday 1st November 2018 and close at midnight on Friday 30th November 2018. All nominations must be sent by the closing date to email@example.com for Board representation.
TREC GB Board Regional Representation nominations open on Thursday 1st November 2018 and close at midnight on Friday 30th November 2018. All nominations must be sent by the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org for Board representation. Only members who have joined (or rejoined) TREC GB as either a Red, Blue or Supporter member by 1st November 2018 are eligible to be nominated or to vote.
The TREC GB Board consists of 2 representatives from each of the 11 TREC GB Regions (each region incorporating one or more clubs affiliated to TREC GB).
One representative from each of the following regions is due to be elected in 2018:
2. Eastern Counties
3. NE England
4. N Wales
5. North West England (North & North West)
Each member of the TREC GB Board must be prepared to become a trustee of TREC GB and, therefore, there are several points to consider if you would like to stand for the Board. You will be expected to attend, by phone, a conference call once a month lasting approx. 2 hours and to be willing to liaise with your region and represent their views on topics before the Board.
Please note that you can only stand to represent the region in which the club that you have nominated (when you joined/rejoined TREC GB) is or, if you didn’t nominate one, the region in which you live.
The requirements for being a Trustee are outlined in the following links from the Charities Commission website:
Extract from Trustee Eligibility and Responsibility
(those who stand for election will have to sign a declaration to say that they are not barred by reason of any of the following)
· Have an unspent conviction for an offense involving dishonesty or deception
· Are currently declared bankrupt (or subject to bankruptcy restriction or an interim order)
· Have an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) to pay off debts with creditors
· Are disqualified from being a Company Director
· Are subject to an order made under section 429(2) of the Insolvency Act 1986
· Have previously been removed as a Trustee by the Charities Commission, the Scottish Charity Regulator or the High Court due to misconduct or mismanagement
· Have been removed from management or control of any Body under section 34(5)(e) of the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005 (or earlier legislation)
TREC GB has taken out Trustee Insurance so there is no financial risk to being a Trustee.
In the first instance, please complete this application form and send it to email@example.com including a photo; the information (and the photo) will be emailed to all members who are eligible to vote in the region for which you are standing. The nomination period is Thursday 1st November 2018 and midnight Friday 30th November 2018.
Electronic voting will commence on Saturday 1st December 2018 and will enable all members in the relevant regions to vote for the representative of their choice in their area. Votes will be closing at midnight on Friday 14th December 2018. Voting is limited by postal address or nominated club within the 6 regions stated above and is only open to TREC GB members who have joined (or rejoined) either as a Red, Blue or Supporter member by 1st November 2018. The votes will be counted and verified by an independent body. Candidates will be informed in the 3rd week of December and members will be notified of the result at the AGM at Ardencote on Saturday 19th January 2019.